Monday, June 30, 2014

Swim Lessons- Final Recap

This past Saturday Ethan completed his final swim lesson. It was an 8 week course, and well worth every penny. If I didn't mention before, he took lessons at Triangle Aquatic Center in Cary near the Cary Towne Center mall.

It was amazing to me how much he learned and developed in his swim skills in the 8 week period. He went from basically splashing around to jumping in, going under, blowing bubbles, learning the basic swim skills (kicking and using your arms), and much more. I have seen a huge difference even when we visit the pool during the week. He is SO comfortable in the water....maybe sometimes too comfortable! :) He is walking around on the bottom of the baby pool (2 ft) with no problems and balancing well, asking me to jump in, and saying "mommy let's go swim!"...which is Ethan language for take me in the deep end. I have been very impressed and proud of him for his willingness to learn new things!

Now that we have our Saturday mornings back.... I get my time back to sleep in, which is something I have desperately missed.  As mentioned in an earlier post, Ethan and Evan do father & son breakfast as a tradition together every Saturday morning. Since swim lessons have been at 9:30am, there hasn't been any extra time for father & son breakfast. That is something I look forward to every Saturday without fail. I love my sleep.

We will definitely keep up with the swim lessons- and maybe even some private lessons come fall. I really don't want Ethan to forget what he has learned.

Here are some snap shots of our final two classes.

 
Getting ready to jump in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Playing "London Bridges"- when the noodle closes in on you, you have to float on your back.
 
 
After their final class, all the kids got lollypops and cute little certificates.
 
 
 
 
We will look forward to our next session! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Some friends did swim lessons through the same place and had nothing but good things to say. Looks like everyone had fun! Glad to hear you're getting your Saturday morning sleep-in back!

    ReplyDelete