Monday, December 1, 2014

Turkey Day

I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone, and it is now December 1st. My goodness, I can't even keep up.

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. Great food, great company...great food! We spent the day with my parents this year since we alternate years between families. Ethan was very excited about Thanksgiving. He kept asking "mommy when are we going to eat the big Thanksgiving dinner?"

I went over to my parents early to spend some time with them and my sister. Evan and Ethan joined later after Ethan's nap.

This years menu included:

Turkey (of course)
Ham (my favorite)
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes
Green bean casserole
Spicy corn casserole
Steamed broccoli with hollandaise sauce
Deviled eggs
Rolls
Pineapple casserole
Sweet potato pie
Key lime pie
Apple pie

We had enough left overs for Evan and I to eat for 3 straight days, lunch and dinner. It was such a nice treat not having to cook. I'll be honest, that is something I do not look forward to each day.


 
Papa is busy playing with the boys!



 
The boys loved the kids table. Much to my surprise Ethan actually ate some turkey, green bean casserole and corn casserole. And of course a roll...that's a given!







 
 
Thanksgiving came and went...just like that. So, you know what that means? Christmas is in full swing. The 3 following days after Thanksgiving were spent from sun up to sun down decorating, cleaning, and getting organized and ready for Christmas. It is a lot of work, but Ethan is so excited this year. Talking up a storm about Santa, and what Santa is going to bring him for Christmas. He was even really into helping us decorate. So, I guess that makes it all worth it! :)
 
I hope everyone has a great week! Happy December!


No comments:

Post a Comment