Sunday, June 28, 2015

Father's Day

We had a wonderful Father's Day celebrating both  my dad and Evan.

Our day started off by letting Evan sleep in a bit. As part of my gift to Evan, I ordered him a 26 week subscription to the News and Observer. Ethan and I woke Evan up and gave him his paper in bed-which he was thrilled about. You know who else was thrilled about the paper? None other than Ethan of course. He sat in bed with his daddy and read the paper with him for an entire hour. I see a great father/son tradition in the making. Oh yeah, and that hour of quiet meant I could get ready with no distractions. A win-win for us all. :)


 
 
 
Once everyone was dressed and ready to go, we made our way over to my mom and dad's house where we cooked a big breakfast for my dad. One thing is for sure about this family...we love a good breakfast. We had blueberry, chocolate chip, and plain pancakes, eggs, English muffins, fruit salad, and sausages. It was delish. You know what else is great about eating a big, mid morning breakfast? It keeps you full for most of the day which means you don't have to worry about what's for lunch.
 
I wish I would have gotten a picture of all us eating our breakfast- but I didn't think of it at the time.
 
Evan's second Father's Day surprise was that we got him Holly Springs Salamander baseball tickets for that evening. For those of you that don't know- Holly Springs just recently opened a beautiful baseball stadium, which in my opinion has been great for this little town.
 
Evan was so excited. The man lives for baseball. He got to take Ethan to his first ever baseball game. How much better can it get?
 


 
Don't let the gloomy face fool you. He was having a great time.

 
Yes, that is sweat. It was really, really hot.
 
 
 
I bought these tickets knowing good and well Ethan wasn't going to make it a full 9 innings. I mean let's just be honest here...I can barely make 4. Baseball....well....it's just too slow for me. Not to mention my intense fear of getting hit in the face by a foul ball.
 
Ethan made it through 4 innings, which in  my opinion was perfect since it was blistering hot, and we were getting hungry. 



We enjoyed pampering Evan and being thankful and grateful he is on our lives, and does so much for us. He is an amazing father!

1 comment:

  1. Love the newspaper subscription as a gift! We get the paper at work and I look forward to reading it every day. And Evan and Ethan reading it together in bed? Precious!

    So glad to hear you guys had a good time at the game. Can't say I love baseball, but I prefer it live and I'm excited to have a local team.

    ReplyDelete