Friday, August 19, 2016

Weekend Getaway

I must start with saying that doing two blogs in two weeks is quite an accomplishment for me these days. You're welcome. :)

Last weekend Ethan and I snuck away for a quick weekend getaway to the beach. I was a bit nervous to leave Evan behind with Nathan. Not because he couldn't handle it, but because we've never done that before. Evan and I have never split up with the kids. We usually do everything together as one big happy (or unhappy) family. Not this time. I was at a mom breaking point. I needed a getaway. I needed a change of scenery. I needed a change of pace. We've all been there. As dad's or mom's. At least with one kid, I would be needed half as much as I would be with two. The thought of that sounded pretty good. So off we went...

We are very fortunate that my parents have a place at the beach- which also means a free place to stay. We spent the ENTIRE day on Saturday outside. Going back and forth between the beach and the pool. Playing in the sand, jumping in the pool, jumping waves, and collecting sand crabs. Ethan wore himself out enough that he needed a mid-day nap, which meant even more time for ME on the beach. I say ME because that's a word I am unfamiliar with these days. Nothing is about ME. Nothing. I'm a mom. I give, and I give, and I give some more. I give until the point that there is nothing left inside me to give. So join me in understanding how amazing these two hours in my life was. A chair, the sound of the waves, and not ONE single person needing me. Sometimes it's nice to not be needed, and I needed that.

We later ventured into Beaufort with my parents, my sister and her husband, for a very yummy dinner on the water. Ethan did great and minded his manners (double bonus). After eating, we walked around town for a bit and did a little shopping.

Sunday was a mostly a repeat of Saturday except we had to leave early to get home. Evan and Nathan did great, and Evan did a fantastic job taking care of Nathan. I was eager to get home and hold my sweet baby.

It was just what I needed. Some vitaminSEA, some time with Ethan, and some re-charging. It's been a long summer, but we're almost there!







1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! I only have one so I can't totally relate, but I agree that we have to take care of ourselves. Good for you for taking the time to get away. Glad to hear you came back refreshed!

    ReplyDelete