Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday

It was a wonderful day from start to finish. We started off, of course, with Ethan's Easter basket and an indoor egg hunt. We weren't sure how much he would understand or enjoy the egg hunt, but turns out he LOVED it. He had no trouble finding the eggs.



 
The basket was a big hit!
 
 
And of course, so were the truck books!
 
 
Mmmmm, this one had M&M's in it!
 
 
 
After a fun filled morning, we headed off to church. I would like to add that we actually arrived EARLY. WHOA. This never happens.
 
 
This was the ONLY good family photo I could manage to get. Apparently Ethan is very anti family photo.
 
 
Then it was off to Mimi and Gdaddy's house for an outdoor egg hunt and a quick lunch. I can't get enough of that adorable outfit he has on!!!
 
 
Again, he rocked the egg hunt!
 
 
 
After that, we headed back to our house. Ethan and Evan took naps while I prepared for our Easter dinner with family.
 
 
My mom, dad, sister, and her boyfriend joined us. It was a wonderful meal with great company.
 
 
Since I forgot to take a picture of the entire spread, I decided to take a picture of my plate instead. We had honey baked ham, yeast rolls, pineapple casserole, steamed broccoli with hollandaise sauce (not shown), deviled eggs, and cheesy crock pot scalloped potatoes. And of course...
 
 
A homemade coconut cake! Perfectly decorated for the occasion with peeps, and Hersey's candy coated colored eggs. Out of all the items on our menu, this was my favorite one to make! :)
 
And lastly...
 
 
The very large Caterpillar dump truck that my parents got Ethan for Easter. He can fit in the back of this thing. This, of course, was a MAJOR hit. Along with the garbage truck he got that actually dumps trash cans off the back of it. Needless to say Ethan wasn't the slightest bit interested in eating Easter dinner with us after opening this awesome rig. I think it's pretty safe to say that Ethan had a pretty great Easter. Thanks to all our family who helped to spoil him!
 
We had a fantastic day with all our family, and hope that you did too! Easter blessings to you and yours!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: