Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Eve

It's been a great day in the Boutwell home today. Ethan slept in until almost 8:30 this morning (this never happens). Evan takes Ethan to father & son breakfast every Saturday morning together. I love this little tradition they started. But I also love it because every Saturday I can count on an entire morning of quiet, peace, and a little extra sleep. So, not only did Ethan sleep until 8:30 which is a bonus in itself, I then got to doze back off until about 10. What mother wouldn't wake up extra chipper on a night of almost 12 hours of sleep?! Because lets just face it, Erika on little sleep = someone you really don't want to be around. It's almost as bad as Erika when she is hungry. :)

Anywho...I was able to get most of my cooking done this afternoon for tomorrows Easter dinner. My parents, sister, and her boyfriend will be joining us. Anyone who has a toddler can appreciate and understand that leaving all the cooking to the day of, is a recipe for disaster. No pun intended. :) I will elaborate (with pictures of course!) on my Easter Dinner menu in my Easter Sunday blog post. So, be looking for that post later in the week.

Ethan took a 3 hour nap today.  Double bonus. So I actually got done everything checked off my cooking "to do" list while Evan worked on planting our spring plants that we all picked out yesterday. Multitasking and checking things off the "to do" list = my happy place.

 
With all the Easter cooking...NOTHING else can fit!
 
 
Buffet table in the dining room- all set for Easter
 
 
My favorite décor in my dining room- Easter Tree!
 
 
 
 
 
 
My added Easter decoration this year. I decided to place them on our mantel. How in the world could you NOT buy something that cute?
 
 
So after all our hard work today, we celebrated with ice cream at Dairy Queen. We have a weakness in this house for a good ice cream at Dairy Queen. Notice this picture does not show my very large hot fudge sunday.
 
 
 Before putting Ethan to bed we all talked about the Easter bunny. Ethan went to bed super excited that "Easter Bunny leave eggs." Before he went to bed, he looked around his play room and out in the hall and said "I don't see any eggs", already searching for them. So, now the real fun begins.
 
 
We put his basket in the playroom on his table so he wouldn't see it before breakfast. (or he would never eat!)
 
 
Two Tonka Truck books, 2 Tonka trucks, Goldfish, & toothbrushes. This child is so in love with "truck books" as he calls them. He will read them 129384091345 times over and over. I have all of them memorized, word for word.
 
 
Let the egg hiding begin!
 
Not sure who is more excited, me and Evan, or Ethan. We are excited about tomorrows adventures, and enjoy these traditions as our son gets older and can enjoy them with us.
 
 
So, as I am writing this on Easter Eve at 9:30pm I would like to wish all of you a wonderful Easter. But most importantly, in our home we remember the real reason we celebrate Easter. The life, the death, and the rising of Jesus Christ our Savior. May each of you be filled with the joy that comes with remembering the reason we celebrate Easter. Today and always.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Father-Son breakfast tradition and think maybe we need one of those. Shoot, why wait until Connor can actually eat? I think Ryan should start this sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete