Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

Okay, moms. You know how it is. Mother's Day rolls around and you're all like...it's okay, you don't have to do anything special for me. Don't kid yourself. You know in the back of your mind you're really like...I wonder if they have something special planned for me? :)

I don't have enough words to describe how special moms are, including my own. It wasn't until I became a mother myself did I really understand the importance of a mom.  Mom is a very small word for a pretty amazing person.

So here's to you, mom. Thank you for being an amazing role model, and my solid rock. Thank you for shaping me, and molding me into the woman I am today. But most of all, thank you for being a wonderful example of what a real mom is; so that I could one day be that same example to my own son.

 
 
 
 
My Mother's Day started out with breakfast in bed...
 
 
My favorite morning ritual. A toasted honey wheat English muffin with butter. Evan threw in a chocolate milk, since sometimes I crave that in the morning, too. Roses from our garden, and a gift card for a massage. YES please, that sounds wonderful!
 
The best part of my day was when Ethan came bouncing into our room (helping Evan with breakfast in bed) and was SO excited to see me. He jumped up on the bed and helped me eat my breakfast. :) He gibber jabbered the entire time, and I loved every minute of it. He said to me "happy mothers day mommy" un prompted. I could have melted!
 
Later after church, we enjoyed our lunch out on the screened in porch on our new furniture. It arrived Friday, and Evan stayed up until midnight putting it together. We love it. I guess it was well worth the two month back order wait.
 
 
Finally, I enjoyed a good workout. If you know me well enough, you know that a good workout makes me quite happy. The gym is my happy place.
 
 
To be honest, I've always been a little unsure and self conscious of the "selfie". You probably won't see a lot of these, but I figured it was the only way to prove that I actually DID go to the gym since I wasn't going to ask some random stranger to take my picture in the locker room! :)  I will have to admit, the perfecting the "selfie" is a bit more difficult than I thought.
 
In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted to end in some photos of me and Ethan. Thank you little one for making me a mommy! I love you so much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! I also went to the Y (Tim's muscle class - it was a good one!); no guilt from this new mommy since it was MY day to do what I wanted. Well, for a few hours anyway. :) Love the locker room selfie! :)

    ReplyDelete