Monday, June 16, 2014

Fathers Day

I want to start this blog post by honoring the two main men in my life who are pretty awesome fathers. I use the word "awesome" but, truthfully, there isn't a word good enough to describe how great they are.

To start, let's talk about my dad. A daughter's love for her dad- there are no words. I'm guessing it's much like a mother's love for her son. That's the only real thing I have to compare it to.

If you don't know him, your missing out. He appears gruff on the outside, but on the inside his heart is bigger than his chest can hold. "Giving" is one word I like to use when describing my dad. All you have to do is call, and he is there. Willing to help anyone, always going the extra mile, and putting others needs before his own. That is something I've always admired about my dad. We have always been really close. The kind of closeness that is hard to explain. When he is with me, I always feel protected, and safe. When he hugs me, in that moment, everything in the world is good. I don't have to worry because my dad is there, and dad's fix everything. I could go on and on, but I don't have enough room. So, instead I will share some pictures I found of us. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 Now, onto the other man in my life. My husband, Evan. Who also happens to be an amazing father. Ethan and I are so lucky. We have a man who works so hard for us every day without ever a complaint. One thing I have always admired about Evan is his happy, care free out look on life. I swear I can count on one hand the amount of times he has complained. He wakes up happy, comes home happy, and does everything with a smile on his face. That is something that I hope Ethan will learn from his dad. He is amazing with Ethan. So patient. Evan is the kind of dad that has always been 100% hands on. Always. Even when Ethan was a newborn, Evan would get up in the middle of the night never missing his turn. Evan is the kind of dad that I can trust. I never have to worry when I leave them. He always takes the best care of Ethan. He is devoted and dedicated. He is the perfect example for our son to learn and grow from.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Fathers Day in the Boutwell home was a busy day, but a good one. Evan got to sleep in until about 9am while I fed Ethan breakfast and entertained him for a bit. Once Evan got up, Ethan and I gave him his cards, and his gift. We got him some landscape lighting for the front yard, which he was excited about.  Then, we all got ready and headed over to my parents house to spend some time with my dad. We went to Wendy's for lunch (because we figured it would be the only NON crowded place on Father's Day) and it was nice and quiet. Just how we like it. Until Ethan gets there. :) You know that no day is complete without ice cream...so here is Ethan and his Papa enjoying a frosty together.

 
More got on his shirt than actually in his mouth! But he had a great time doing it!
 
 
Later that afternoon, Evan's dad and stepmom Karen came over. (GiGi and Grandad as Ethan calls them)  We had a nice time visiting while Ethan played outside in the sprinklers. Hints why my child is soaked in the picture below. I swear I can't keep him out of the water!
 
 
 
We grilled out, and finished the evening with cup cakes (because it was GiGi's birthday!). The boys tried to watch a little golf, but it was hard with the little one running around. :) All in all, a great day and one very tired little boy.
 
Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers out there!
 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment