Friday, June 13, 2014

Luke Bryan

I haven't had much to blog on recently, so sorry for my long gap of time in between posts. May was so crazy, and so far, June hasn't been quite so busy (thank goodness).

About the only thing exciting that has happened so far this month is that Evan and I went to the Luke Bryan concert at "The Creek" as they like to call it last weekend. To be honest, I wasn't really super excited about going- I've just never been one of those people who goes crazy over concerts. We are both country music lovers, but Evan is a HUGE country music fan. He waited online for tickets to this show, and much to our surprise we actually were able to get tickets. The poor guy has tried to get tickets for Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean for 2 years now with no such luck (unless you want to spend big bucks on the mega ticket). That's A LOT of babysitters. So, anywho you can imagine how excited he was.

A pair of cowgirl boots, lawn chairs, a blanket, a cooler of beer, and 2 subs later...we were on our way. Thankfully just as we were going, it started to cloud up. There was a nice cool breeze, and it was very comfortable. Perfect if you ask me. When we got there, we ate our dinner on the tail gate of the truck while taking in the sights.

 I could talk all day about "the sights" at a concert. You see, this is one of the reasons I don't like going to concerts at Walnut Creek. The drunk, stupid idiots who ruin it for everyone. I am NOT trying to sound like I don't like to have a good time- because I do. However, there is a fine line. When you are so drunk that you are vomiting on the lawn right in front of me- I'm probably going to be really pissed. That is SO disgusting. If you are so drunk that you feel the need to have a full blown fist fight with your friend thus causing the police, EMT, ALE, or whoever to get involved and ruin my concert experience, I'm going to be pissed. I could go on, but I'll stop there. Maybe this is a sign that I'm getting old! :)

Thankfully, we did not have to experience any of that. Just as we were walking in, this mother with her daughter turned to us and said "do you guys have lawn tickets?" "Do you want seats under the roof?" I wish you could have seen Evan's face. It was Christmas. We were in the right place at the right time, and we were SO thankful. It was wonderful. We had great seats and Evan was so happy- which makes me happy, too. Just when you think the night couldn't get any better, then comes the free beer. (Well actually 25oz Lime-a-rita, but who cares, it was good!)

And you know what's even better than that? Looking at Luke Bryan. I mean, I knew the man was good looking, but phew! How does he wife keep her hands off of that man?! :)

I have been to many a concert in my lifetime, but I am here to tell you that Luke Bryan knows how to put on a show. It was awesome. Great energy, and great performance. We knew every word to every song, and danced the night away. He played for an hour and a half straight with no breaks. It certainly helps that he has got some good moves, too! He has a natural knack for entertaining. As compared to the Kenny Chesney concert 2 summers ago, Luke takes winner.

We didn't get in bed that night until 1am- ears ringing so hard I couldn't sleep. They rang for 2 days straight. Yet again, maybe another sign I'm getting old? It was all worth it, and we had a great time.

Now...if anyone has 2 extra Jason Aldean tickets for this summers show, please let me know! They are coming with FGL, another one of our favorites. We saw them in October at the fair and they were awesome.

So, I would have had some pictures to show you...but Evan wasn't into the selfies, and wasn't really into the pictures all together. However, I might have something better for you up my sleeve....


 
 
A little "Country Girl Shake it for Me"....

 
...And I think that ends it on a good note.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun night! How awesome that you guys ended up with good seats! And I'm with you on those big Lime-a-Ritas. The only thing better is the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete