Thursday, December 18, 2014

Angus Barn

This past Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Angus Barn with my parents, sister, and her boyfriend. This has been our second year in a row going to the Angus Barn around Christmas time.

Going to "the barn" in of itself is a treat, but going at Christmas time is even better. They really go all out. From the amazing decorations, to the carolers, and the home made ginger bread cookies when you leave...its a great overall experience.

Evan and I LOVE "the barn". Of course, with it being as expensive as it is, we usually only make it 1-2 a year. So this was a great treat.





 
I requested a table in the main dining area. I was so excited that my wish was granted...we had never sat in one of the stalls before.
 
 
 
I ordered the North Atlantic Salmon, which I had never ordered before- accompanied by a fully loaded sweet potato. It was fantastic. The salmon had a butter garlic dill sauce- which was outstanding. Evan, of course, had a steak with a twice baked potato. The man is a sucker for a good steak. Since I cannot eat red meat, it is never an option for me.  The meals are always served with a large salad- which in my opinion is one of the best salads I've ever eaten. The dressings are always home made. THAT is what makes a good salad- oh and the home made croutons too! :)
 
At the end of our meal, the gang surprised me with a cake for my birthday...which was a nice added treat.  "The barn" knows how to make a good pound cake.
 
You know what makes all of this even better? We get to go again next weekend with Evan's family! :)  

1 comment:

  1. I've been there a few times and the food is always wonderful. We have a friend whose birthday is NYE and he always goes there and invites a group to join him. I like that it's not a stuffy place.

    ReplyDelete