Friday, February 20, 2015

Big Boy Room

As I mentioned in yesterdays post, I could not be happier with the way Ethan's room turned out. Classy and cozy, yet still perfect for a little boy. I tried to steer clear of anything that looked too "babyish" so that Ethan could enjoy his room for many years to come (and so his parents don't have to go through this again any time soon).

We ordered his furniture from Rooms To Go, and the bedding/curtains from Pottery Barn Kids. The prints on the wall that are framed I ordered from a shop on etsy. The shelves were an inspiration from the Pottery Barn catalog, and Evan so graciously made them for me. It all tied together perfectly.


 
 I found the letters at Michael's
 

 


 
I love that the quilt is double sided
 


 
This is above his tall dresser on the opposite wall.
 

 
Since I decided to use curtain rings, I still need to raise the curtain rod a little so that the gap at the top doesn't show the window molding. The curtain rings helped make the curtains more masculine. I love the way they slide open and closed so easily.
 

Ethan adapted pretty well to his big boy bed. The first night was a little rough, but once I got him a night light that "took all the scary away" he seemed to be fine. He is doing great in his bed, and I am so proud of him.

So, there you have it. Looks pretty darn cute doesn't it?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment