Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cabin Fever

The craziness of February continues...

Over the last almost 3 weeks we have endured Ethan getting the stomach bug, Evan and I getting the stomach bug, and a week of crazy winter weather. Do you know what all this adds up to? Being stuck inside this house!!!

It took all 3 of us quite some time to bounce back from the stomach bug. It took Ethan a solid 4-5 days, and myself about 5. I haven't been to the gym (except for a random work out here and there) in 2 straight weeks. Once we all felt well enough do get back to our normal routines...BAM! This crazy winter storm hits. No preschool this week, no gym this week. Really no nothing this week.

Well, I take that back. We did do something this week. Played in the snow/ice! Ethan had such a blast. Ethan and Evan went sledding for almost 2 hours on Tuesday. Did I mention how thankful I am for my husband who entertained him OUTSIDE of the house?! 




 
 
Except for short trips around town, we've been pretty much stuck inside this house. I am thankful that my dear friend Sam only lives a few minutes down the road so that Izzy and Ethan could play. We have seen them twice this week, and it has been a lifesaver!
 
We are more than ready for things to get back to "normal" around here. Whatever "normal" is.
 
One very exciting thing....Ethan turns 3 tomorrow. OH MY GOODNESS. My baby will be 3. We have planned a pretty awesome party for Saturday. We are all really excited, and can't wait for a change of pace, and to see all our family and friends. As Ethan gets older, I love seeing the excitement that these things bring him.
 
Oh yeah, and I haven't forgot. My next blog will be on Ethan's completed big boy room. IT LOOKS AWESOME. I could not be happier with the way it all turned out, and I can't wait to share it with you. I hope to accomplish that tomorrow. Notice I said "hope". :)
 
Happy birthday eve to my sweet boy. It's hard to believe you've been with us 3 whole years.  God has really blessed us beyond words. We love you so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment