Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What's for dinner?

What's for dinner is always the famous million dollar question. So, whenever I can find a new recipe that's both good, and easy, it's a win win situation.

I stumbled across a recipe book in my pantry that peaked my interest. I completely forgot I had it, and to be honest, never used it. It is a crock pot cook book...which happens to be my favorite type of cooking.

The recipe I tried last night is called "Charlene's Ritzy Chicken". It was so easy, I thought there is no way this can taste good. Much to my surprise, it was so good.

Here's what you need:

1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1 sleeve of ritz crackers crushed
1/2 cup of melted butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mashed potatoes or rice

How to make it:

Combine soup and sour cream into a small bowl and set aside. Melt butter and mix crushed crackers into the butter. Place chicken into your slow cooker and spread soup mixture over top. Then sprinkle crushed cracker mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs, or high for 4 hours. (I did mine on high for 4 hours, it worked perfectly)

I did not serve my chicken over mashed potatoes or rice. However, the recipe makes a lot of sauce, so in my opinion it would be great over brown rice. If you are a down home country cookin' type you might prefer the mashed taters. I am not a mashed potato fan, but Evan would have loved it that way.

And yes, even my 3 year old gobbled it down.

It pairs well with asparagus- which is what I served mine with.

Happy cooking & happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good crockpot recipe! Any time I can get a whole meal out of such little prep, I'm a happy camper. I will overlook the whole "not a fan of mashed potatoes" thing - you have plenty of other good qualities. :)

    ReplyDelete