Monday, December 14, 2015

The Elf

Before I get to "The Elf", let me debrief you on what has gone on in the last 8 days.

Craziness.

Last weekend (not the one that just passed but the one previous) we had Ethan's first baseball practice, a baby shower to attend for Evan's brother, the Apex Christmas parade, and our annual Christmas cookie decorating party. Ethan enjoyed decorating cookies- well mostly eating the icing and candy part. He also enjoyed the Christmas parade minus the loud sounds the firetrucks, police cars, and ambulances made. That really took me by surprise..and was something new for us. He has never been scared of noises before. But other than that, he loved "the music, and the girls that waved their flags".  My sister bought him this adorable Santa hat to wear to the parade.


After a crazy weekend, things got even crazier when Ethan came down suddenly with pneumonia. It was awful. He has never had a high fever that held on for so long- 36 straight hours. After a few trips to the doctor, several calls and trips to the pharmacy, and many sleepless hours, he is doing great now, and I am SO grateful.

Today was off to preschool for a "normal" day, and what hopes to be more of a normal week for us.

So....

On to "The Elf". I'm sure you guessed what its all about. Ethan named his "elf on the shelf" "snowflakes". I tried introducing the elf last year, but he really wasn't that interested. But this year he LOVES it. Every single morning as soon as his feet hit the ground, he says "I wonder where snowflakes is hiding today!?" He gets so excited over it. Now, I have to admit, in the beginning I was all about it. I loved coming up with new ideas of where to hide the elf. Now I seem to be running out of steam...or is it running out of ideas? Here are some pictures of the fun snowflakes has been having around here.






To be honest, I have no idea what to do with that elf tonight. I'll probably be googling an idea. :)

News flash- its the week before Christmas. What the heck?!?! I can't seem to wrap my mind around it. Speaking of "wrap" who wants to come help me wrap gifts? :)

I hope everyone has a great week, and gets everything checked off their holiday to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment