Thursday, February 25, 2016

Build-A-Bear

Last week we ventured to Crabtree Mall to the "Build-A-Bear" store so that Ethan could make something extra special for his baby brother.

I have never been to this store before, but I will admit it was super cute. Ethan loved every part of the bear building process, and I loved watching him use his imagination.

First, we pick out a bear, give the bear a heart, and stuff him.


Then, he needs a bath! His favorite station. This bear got extra clean.


Every bear needs clothes...except Ethan's bear. He decided he is better off naked. 


Finally, you get to register your bear and receive a birth certificate. World, meet fluffy the bear. Until he changed it to cuddles. 



Ethan was very excited to make something for his baby brother. As soon as we were done, it amazed me how Ethan immediately assumed a "mother" role to his bear. He wanted to push him in the mall in the umbrella stroller, and when we got home wanted to feed him with a baby bottle, and put a diaper on him. He told me "mommy I will take good care of baby Nathan's bear until he gets here." 

Ethan is so anxious about Nathan getting here. I love hearing him talk about Nathan, which is many, many times a day. He talks to him in my belly. If I ever want to feel the baby move, all I have to do is ask Ethan to talk to him. It amazes me how Nathan responds to Ethan already. 

Baby Update-

Well, I'm 37 weeks feeling like I'm going on 47 weeks. Yesterday we "almost" had a baby when Nathan decided he'd like to join us for the lovely round of storms we had. The contractions started around 3am the night before. Luckily, I already had an appointment scheduled the next morning. As soon as I got there, they hooked me up to the NST monitor to see what was going on. I wasn't crazy, the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart, and 2 cm dilated. They decided to send me over to labor and delivery for a better look at what was going on. In the 5-6 hours we were there, the contractions never stopped, but I didn't dilate any further, so they sent me home in hopes the little stinker would hold on a little longer. It was a super exhausting day, and I am so thankful we all slept well last night and the contractions seemed to have calmed a bit for now. 

Being there yesterday was a real reality check for me. When I first got there, I heard the newest cries of a baby who had just been born. I had all I could do to hold in the tears and not combust into a sob session. What is it about that sound that just gets you? 

When we got home yesterday, Ethan said "mommy I thought baby Nathan was coming?" Man, I hated to disappoint him.

Exactly two weeks from today, we are scheduled to meet our sweet boy, and I can't wait to see that little face. Until then, enjoy the peace. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've done Build-A-Bear with my niece and it is fun. That is so sweet that Ethan got so excited to do something for his baby brother and then he took such good care of the bear? Adorable!

    I could've had Connor on the side of the road during an ice storm, you almost had Nathan under threat of tornadoes... I think giving birth is exciting enough without the extras, don't you? :)

    Enjoy these next two weeks before Nathan gets here!

    ReplyDelete