Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Nursery

Well, the time has narrowed down to days. Nathan will be here no later than Thursday morning when I have my scheduled C-section...or sooner would be fine too. :)

We have checked everything off the to-do list, packed bags, and of course finished the nursery. I am so thrilled with the way it turned out. It looks great. I find myself wandering in there several times a week, checking and re-checking just to make sure everything is "just right".

So here is the finished product-



We used the bedding from Pottery Barn called Madras. Big thanks to my mother in law Lynn, and my mom for buying this for us!




Of course the nursery wouldn't be complete with out something made from my dads workshop. I am disappointed the picture is dark, but he made that beautiful, adorable wooden rocking horse.


I have nested, nested some more, and then nested when I didn't even think there was anything left to nest. We have been busy, and Evan has been gracious to follow suit in my home "projects".  :)

This has been a long process, and a long journey, especially following a miscarriage. It doesn't seem like this day is really coming. My emotions are running high. I feel so blessed, but yet so scared and anxious at the same time. A lot will be happening in the next week, and I am trying my best to stay grounded and mindful that everything will fall into place. So, if you don't mind, say a little prayer for me, and my family as we take this journey of adding another beautiful addition to our family.

We are ready for you, Nathan James!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute! And that is so special that your dad made the rocking horse. That is some talent! I love that the boys' birthdays are (or should be) 2/20 and 3/10. Enjoy these last few days before your inside baby joins you on the outside. :)

    ReplyDelete