Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Beachin' It

We just got back Monday evening from our first beach trip of the season. We are lucky that my parents have a place in Pine Knoll Shores, NC, which is directly in between Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle. AND it's directly ocean front. Just a few steps to the beach, and a few steps to the pool. With small children, this is quite the set up. We stayed 4 days, which I have come to learn is a perfect amount of time when you are with kids. Not too short, and not too long. Chasing a 2 year old around all day on the beach and at the pool is very exhausting. Gone are the days of parking your behind on the beach with a drink and a good book. But, as parents, we suck it up because we enjoy watching our kids have fun.

Do you remember in my latest post my comment about Ethan not loving long car rides? Well, he did great going. Coming back he only screamed for the last hour. I guess this is pretty good considering he used to scream the entire time. I think the only reason he was upset on the way home was because he was SO overtired from all the fresh air.

Ethan slept in a double bed all by himself. We did have a bed rail up just incase, but he did great. No tears, and no falling out. However, he did decide the very first morning to wake up at 5:50am. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I learned over the course of our trip that if I told him to go back to bed, he actually did! This shocked me. He woke up every morning between 6 and 6:15am. First thing out of his mouth "mommy I want to go to the ocean!". He was so excited he could hardly stand it.

 
Boys and their toys. The dump trucks go everywhere we go.
 
 
 
Ethan with Papa. They have a blast playing together. Ethan and my dad are both February babies. Their horoscope sign is Aquarius for a reason- you can't get them out of the water.
 
 
Ethan and his Nana.
 
 
 
I think daddy was having fun playing in the sand too!
 
 
 
 
 
Love these two! Buddies!
 
 
Do you see all that stuff? That wasn't even half of it. I swear you need 6,542 items just for a few hours down on the beach with a child. Oh wait! I forgot something else!
 
 
One afternoon we went into Beaufort to show Ethan all of the boats docked off the pier. And of course, no day is complete without ice cream!
 
We had fun on our little mini vacation. We will definitely be back for Labor Day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment