Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Whole Bunch of Nothing

Since all it's done is rain the last two weeks, our I feel like our "fun" has been a bit limited these days. Thus, not too much happening. The last two weekends I swear all Evan and I did was "a whole bunch of nothing".  Well, if you can count napping as doing something...I guess that counts. :)  We were thankful that Ethan took very long naps, too. (3 hours or more!) These opportunities are rare. Take advantage.

Last Friday I did get a gel manicure for the first time while Ethan was playing at his MiMi's house. I don't usually do manicures because I feel like they come off so quickly. I'd heard that the gel manis stay on longer and were very durable. The truth- they are very durable. You can't do anything to mess them up. That's a major plus for my very "hands on" motherly approach to life. If my hands aren't in soap, they're in poop or Clorox. Sounds fun, right? Anywho, while I was a fan at the time of the mani, I'm going tomorrow to get it taken off.  It just grows out too quick.  Since I am a perfectionist, I can't stand to look down and see my nails partially in color, with a white line where the nail is growing out. That's $30 I won't be spending again anytime soon. So, my new idea? I'm going to try Jamberry. Can't wait to get my first order! Have you ever tried it?




On another note...and to continue on about a whole bunch of nothing...here is a picture of one of my recent favorite purchases.



You know how much I love the gym. I've always used those skinny head bands in my hair to hold it back while I work out. I always get those fly away hairs around my face that drive me crazy. The skinny head bands just weren't cutting it anymore. So, Ethan and I took a little trip over to Dicks Sporting Goods (by the way when your 2 year old asks you "mommy what's the name of this store?" I had to quickly think of an alternative) to find some good quality head bands. Not sure of how I would like them, I left with these larger width head bands. Awesome is all I can say. MY. HAIR. NEVER MOVED. I highly recommend it.

The newest addition to my work out regimen is a walk a few evenings a week AFTER my gym work out with my dear and sweet neighbor, Denise. No, not just any kind of walk. A fast paced, 3 to 4 mile walk that takes about an hour. I found that after adding this to my routine, I was going thru my gym shoes like crazy. I needed an additional pair of shoes to fall back on. So, I found these Nike's. I am usually not a big Nike fan (for shoes) but these I love. Light weight, and airy. I never thought I would like those kind of shoes, but turns out- don't judge before you try.

And last but not least....

Not sure what the heck has been up with the kind of summer we've been having (weather wise) but I sure as hell am NOT going to complain about the lower temps. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Which brings me to my next point...

Flu shots. Have you noticed they are already available? Colder weather is coming. Winter is coming. The winter sickness curse will be upon us soon. Really? Already? My God, I feel like we just came out of that. Flu shots...just another reminder of what every mother on planet earth dreads...

Baton down the hatches people.

It's coming.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to my first Jamberry party this weekend and am looking forward to giving it a try. And to drinking some wine with the neighbor ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete