Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sunday Funday

We had a fun filled, busy weekend.

To start, Saturday evening we were invited to a neighborhood cookout (Evan's old neighborhood where his mom lives). I decided to make a dip and some homemade banana pudding to share. Banana pudding happens to be one of my specialties. :)


 
 
Ethan had a blast running around and playing with the other kids. He didn't get in bed until 9pm that night, but he would have told you it was worth it! He slept in the next morning until 7:30, so it was a win-win situation.
 
The next morning, Sunday, was my mom's birthday. We had a morning out on the lake planned, followed by a family gathering at our house for dinner and gifts.
 
This was Ethan's first ever boat ride. He was really excited to ride "Papa's boat".  We all had an awesome time, especially him! It was nice to be back out on the water again. My sister and I grew up taking the boat out to the lake with my family, so this was a great treat. My family hasn't taken the boat out in a few years- so we were all pretty excited. Here are a few snapshots of our day-
 
 
Jess and I (my sister) we actually really look alike in this photo. Most people say we look very different.




Ethan did not hesitate to get in the lake and swim!



 
I was really excited that after having not water skied in 4 years, I was able to get up on the first try! Evan took some video footage for your viewing pleasure! See, just because I'm a mom doesn't make me old and boring! Did you happen to notice Ethan cheering for me?
 
 
 
 
When we got home, Ethan took a 3 1/2 hour nap. SCORE! Evan was able to get some yard work done while I showered and got dinner prepared. My mom's birthday dinner request- fresh shrimp wrapped in turkey bacon, covered in BBQ sauce, and grilled on a kabob. This also happens to be one of my favorite meals, too. With it we had baked potatoes on the grill, broccoli salad, and corn on the cob. For dessert, my mom's choosing was red velvet cake.
 
It was a wonderful day from start to finish, and a great day with family. Ethan especially enjoyed helping his Nana open her gifts and reminding her that "it's time for cake and ice cream!"
 
 
Happy Birthday, Mom!!!
 
And while we are on that note...happy half birthday today to my little one. I cannot believe you are 2 1/2 already. You make my life so rich, whole, and full of meaning. I love you Ethan!
 



1 comment:

  1. You're right, I don't think you two look very alike in person, but you do in this picture. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete