Friday, September 5, 2014

A Farewell to Summer

I can't believe it, but the majority of summer has come and gone. Where has the time gone? This year has FLOWN by. Geez, before I know it I'm gonna be dragging out the Christmas stuff again!

We were able to spend a long Labor Day weekend with my parents at the beach house. We had a great weekend, with perfect weather. Ethan was so excited. The entire week leading up to our trip, he'd say "momma were gonna go to Nana and Papa's big house and go to the ocean!" For whatever reason he refers to my parents beach house as "the big house."

This was the first ever beach trip that Ethan was very content to play in one place for a couple hours at a time. Evan and I actually got to SIT down and enjoy watching him play. So, maybe 2 1/2 years old is the golden age??? We would go to the beach for a couple hours in the morning, then come up to the pool for an hour or two, and eat our lunch at the pool, too. After that, we would head back down to the beach (only a few feet away) for another hour or so before nap time.

AHHHH, nap time. :) How I do love nap time! Ethan took awesome naps at the beach. Around 3 hours each day, waking up happy and refreshed. Evan and I would take turns staying inside with him while he napped- while the other sat on the beach. And of course, back down to the beach after naps!

He ate well, played hard, and slept great. You can't ask for more than that! He was such a happy boy.

 
The first afternoon we arrived, Ethan couldn't wait to get out on the beach. Clothes and all. Thank you to his GiGi and Grandad for the John Deere front end loader that did a pretty awesome job of scooping and dumping sand into his Caterpillar dump truck!


 
The second day it was cloudy, which was awesome. The temperature was perfect!

 
Boys and their toys...Evan enjoyed playing with them too!


 
The third day was much sunnier and warmer. We spent more time at the pool.

 
Daddy does such a great job playing with Ethan.

 
These two...my whole world.
 
 
Summer of 2014, you've been a good one. Until next time.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the three footprints! Boys and their toys - they go from Mattel and plastic to Mustang and steel, don't they? At least, that's how I expect it'll go in my house since I'm married to a car guy. Of course, one of the perks are free oil changes when it's convenient for me so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete