Monday, September 1, 2014

Preschool Orientation

Wednesday and Thursday of this past week we had preschool orientation. Wednesday evening was for the adults only, and Thursday was for the kids.

Evan and I went together Wednesday evening to the adult orientation.

I must add- we decided to go to Anna's Pizza in downtown Apex for a quick dinner prior to our meeting. We were both pretty disappointed with our meals. Slow service, and the food was less than stellar. We ordered a fried ravioli appetizer which tasted like it had been frozen, reheated, and served with a side of marinara sauce. It tasted like cardboard. Then, our meals tasted...well were tasteless. Oh well. I guess we won't be going back there again anytime soon.

So, back to our meeting. It was very well organized, and very informative. After it was all said and done, I felt like I had a really good handle on the whole preschool thing. Evan and I loved Ethan's teachers, Ms. Elizabeth, and Ms. Jennifer. They were really on the ball, and had the most perfect personalities for teaching two year olds. We had an opportunity to see Ethan's classroom, and ask questions. I never knew so much paperwork and information could be involved in preschool!

Since there were a lot of parents in the classroom, I wasn't able to capture many pictures. But I did manage to take these-

 
 
Ethan is in the "Lambs" class. When I walked into his classroom I couldn't help but notice his name all over the room. On his cubby, on the birthday wall, on the door...
 
I'll be honest, it hit me a little harder than I expected. I had to hold my tears back.
 
The next morning Ethan got to meet his teachers. He has a total of 10 kids in his class. So, only 5 of them came to meet the teacher at a time. Ethan was very excited! I had no worries regarding how his morning would go with his teachers. He walked right in, no problems, and immediately began to play. I was able to capture many more pictures this time...
 

Just outside that door shown above is a playground. They go outside and play daily for 30 minutes.
 


 
He interacted well with his classmates. He really enjoyed the "Home Living Center" where he did laundry for about 20 minutes! :)




 
He did manage to find the trucks, of course! However, if you can believe it, he was more interested in the "Home Living Center"!  I was shocked!
 


The activity for the morning was to decorate your own placemat with stamps. After they were all decorated, the teacher was going to laminate them and the children would use them every day for snack. Much to my surprise Ethan really liked this activity.
 



 
 
He was having so much fun that I had to practically drag him out of there. He didn't want to leave! He also had some great conversations with his teachers about mixer trucks. :) Go figure! 
 
Well, tomorrow is the big day! Ethan will go to preschool for the first time. I am sure he will do great...and I will too....maybe. I promise to keep everyone up to date- so be on the look out for my blog on Ethan's first day!
 
Hope everyone had great Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm disappointed to hear that Anna's wasn't very good. I haven't been but it was on my list to try. Guess it'll move down a few slots...

    Glad to hear preschool's off to such a good start for Ethan AND his mom. :)

    ReplyDelete