Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Preschool Progress

Well, we made it to October which means Ethan has been in preschool for just over a month. He has enjoyed every.single.moment. Every day when I pick him up, he is quick to ask me "mommy can I go back?"

 I have been so impressed with the program and curriculum that is being taught. This is way more than I could have ever expected out of a preschool! Every month there is a color, shape, and theme. This month the color is orange, theme pumpkins, and shape is triangle. The school sets up a pumpkin patch on the grounds so that each child gets to pick out their own pumpkin to paint. Also, this month the fire department will pay a visit...with the truck of course! I think Ethan must have put in a special request for this day. :)

On Tuesdays Ethan goes to music class, which he loves. Thursdays he goes to chapel for a bible lesson. At the beginning of each month I get a calendar so I know exactly what each day will hold. I love reading and learning about all the different activities he will be doing. This also helps to guide my conversation with him.

Ethan's teacher takes pictures throughout each month, and shares them with the parents. I especially love this. Here are some pictures of some of E's recent artwork, and some photos that his teacher took.


 
Making apple stamps

 
Lucky for Ethan the train comes every Tuesday and Thursday right before school is over. He loves this! Obviously this is a big attraction!


 
Toast anyone?
 


 
This woman is talented. She can get & hold the attention of 10 2 year olds!

 
 
Apple tree with finger prints as apples

 
Coffee filter leaf

 
We are so thankful for this preschool program, and can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds. It's amazing to me how much he is already learning!
 
Hope everyone has a great week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment