Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas Day

I could sum up Christmas Day in one word...perfect.

Our day started when Ethan woke up- and we headed downstairs to see what Santa left for him.

Side note- apologies in advance...I got a little picture happy. :)






 
He was pretty thrilled about all his "trucks" and his soccer ball which he specifically asked Santa for.
 
After spending some time opening gifts, we headed over to my parents house. Christmas growing up was a really big deal in our house. It has always been one of my most cherished memories. My parents always work so hard to make the day special. That tradition continues, and I'm so glad that Evan and Ethan now get to experience that with me.  
 
Here is what the tree looked like before the madness hit-
 

 
 
Ethan's stocking was laying on a table that my dad put together and painted for him. I love this little table.
 




 
Evan was thrilled with his new power drill and laser measurer compliments of my dad's company, Hilti. Oh and notice the hat...he couldn't wait to put on his new Chargers hat.
 
Don't let the pictures fool ya. Even though they are mostly all of Ethan, Evan and I got spoiled pretty good, too.


This fire truck is just about as big as he is. Thanks Michael! My sisters new fiancé knows the way to this kids heart.
 

 
The grand finale was this awesome train set made by Caterpillar. I had no idea CAT made trains that carried construction equipment. My dad is liking having a boy around.

 
Family shot in our Christmas jammies. Another cherished tradition that started many many years ago.
 
Our day couldn't have gone better. Ethan was amazing- and Evan and I really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in our jammies all day (I mean does it get any better than that?!) and had heavy snacks for dinner...which to me is the best kind of meal. By far, the best Christmas we've had since bringing a child into the world. This is a Christmas I will remember forever.
 
 
The day after Christmas Ethan's GiGi and Grandad (Evan's dad and step mom) came over to give him his gift. And what a gift it was...
 


 
I think the look on his face just about sums it up. Now if he could just learn how to drive this thing without killing anyone or running over someone's mail box we'd be in good shape. :)
 
Happy hump day everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day! I'm with you in the snacks-for-dinner department.

    Ethan racked up, that's for sure. I'm sure he'll be a good "driver" in no time, but hopefully you guys won't be replacing anyone's mailbox or fixing dented car doors while he's learning.

    ReplyDelete