Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas Eve

Since we've been married, Evan and I have spent our Christmas Eve's at his mom and step dad's.  Then, on Christmas Day we spend the day at my parents house.   We learned early on that it is just too stressful and exhausting to try and hit both parents houses on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Our Christmas Eve this year was very relaxing. We arrived close to lunch time- and since my birthday is Christmas Day, we had a "birthday lunch". All my favorite things were in order. Lynn's home made pimento cheese, chicken salad and ham rolls. It was delicious. Then after lunch, we let Ethan open a few of his gifts before his nap. Two of his favorite gifts were a mini construction set, and a wooden Melissa & Doug truck that carried an excavator.




During Ethan's nap our families exchanged gifts and just enjoyed each others company.  When Ethan woke up, he was very content to play with all his new toys- which was wonderful since no entertainment was required from his parents. :)

Dinner consisted of pork tenderloin, 7 layer salad (my favorite) and home made sweet potato fries. For dessert- layered chocolate cake. By that time it was getting late, and Mr. and Mrs. Claus still had some wrapping to do!

I had a hard time getting little one down to bed. He was just too excited about Santa- and wanted to play with the new toys he had just received. We left cookies out for Santa with a glass of milk. After many trips in and out of his bed, I think he finally settled in around 11:30pm.

I too was excited about what the next morning would hold. I couldn't wait to see the look on Ethan's face on Christmas morning. I don't think I fell asleep until around 3:30am. Evan of course was snoring the second his head hit the pillow...figures. Seriously, how DO they do it?

Stay tuned for my next blog on Christmas Day. It was an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment