Saturday, January 3, 2015

December Happenings

So before I blog on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve, there were a few important events that occurred in December worth blogging about.

First, we were finally able to announce that Ethan is going to be a big brother in June. It seemed like an eternity before we felt like it was okay to announce my pregnancy. I am 15 weeks along now, and feeling great. This pregnancy compared to Ethan's has been a breeze (thank God).  With Ethan I was nauseated for 20 solid weeks. Morning, day, and night. Not just your typical nausea either. It was the type that literally paralyzed you. The only thing that made it better was laying on my side and not moving. Thankfully this time I was only nauseated from weeks 8-13. My doctor game me some awesome meds that made it a million times better. I mean- someone's gotta chase Ethan around.

Ethan seems to be warming up to the idea of a sibling quite well. For now that is. He has always called the baby a "her" or a "she" and has named the baby "Abby". I have no idea where that name came from...but I think it's adorable. I am hoping that Ethan's intuition of a baby sister will turn out to be true! Either way, we are all excited (and a bit nervous too) and can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is progressing.
 
 
While we are on the subject of Ethan- he had his Christmas preschool program a couple of weeks ago. It was absolutely adorable. They sang several songs- well some of them sang. Ethan decided that starting blankly into the crowd would be a better suited plan. Can't say I blame him. I mean he has never done anything like this before. I'd say it was a total success considering none of them went running and crying to their parents as soon as they saw them in the crowd.
 
...And then there was me and my raging pregnancy hormones. Yeah I pretty much cried through the entire thing. It was rough.
 



 
 
Lastly...and I saved the best for last. My sister Jessica got engaged on December 20th! She knocked on my door with a chalk board sign that read "will you be my matron of honor"? I was totally caught off guard...and so excited to say the least. Apparently there was a lot of screeching on my part- according to my husband. :)
 
 
A wedding date of October 16th has already been set. So, 2015 will be a busy, but fun year for our family. A baby, and a new brother in law.  Doesn't get any better than that people.
 



1 comment:

  1. Yay for letting the cat out of the bag! I'm so glad you are feeling better, in general and of course compared to the first time around.

    I saw your sister just a few days into her engagement and she looked so happy! As a fellow October bride, I am so happy to read that they've picked a date; should be a beautiful time of the year to get married.

    2015 is looking good for the Boutwells!

    ReplyDelete