Monday, January 26, 2015

Strength

I am so moved by the outpouring of love and comments I received regarding my last post. After publishing my blog on Friday night, I went to bed with a heavy heart, unsure of whether I did the right thing.

 I woke up the next morning and logged in. I couldn't believe my eyes. Over 40 comments, handfuls of private messages and emails. I was blown away by the amount of people who thanked me for sharing my story. I was blown away by the amount of people who called me "brave". Certainly not something I expected. So, for that, I thank you. Each and every one of you.

What really meant the most to me, was the number of women who had the strength to share their own story with me. I will cherish those stories, and hold them close to my heart. Most of all, I will pray for each of you. As a matter of fact, I have written every single one of your names down in my journal so I don't forget a single person.

Together, we are strong.

Through all of this, God has drawn me closer to him. Through all of this, Daniel has done some pretty amazing things in my life. He has helped draw me closer to those who I have lost touch with, he has lead me to reach out to other women. Daniel and God have shown me that even through hurt, even through pain, there is hope. There is strength. There are blessings among us.

The days pass and I'm still left confused and hurt. I don't think anything will ever change that. Nothing can ever fill the deep dark hole of loosing a child. But, with each day that passes, I feel a little bit of hope, and a little bit of strength being placed back in my life. With each day that passes, I feel like God has given me something to hold onto.  God places angels among us. He puts the right people in your life at the right time.

As my story continues to unfold, I pray that God will continue to give me strength. With each day that passes, I pray for the faith that will allow me to continue to put one foot in front of the other, not knowing where it may take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment