Friday, February 6, 2015

Happenings

Well, this week has been pretty crazy to say the least.

We jumped on the potty training adventure last Saturday. Something I've been dreading. Let me tell you, I miss diapers. You don't realize the convenience of them until you lose them! I must say though, Ethan has done pretty great in just one week. He has only had a handful of #1 accidents, and for the most part has got that down. We have even ventured out on many outings, and he has done awesome. Going #2 is a different story....oh well, we will get there (allow me to save you from my very fun poop stories). What do I love about potty training? Seeing his little hiney in those adorable underwear! ADORABLE.

Wednesday evening, Ethan came down with a nasty stomach bug. Throwing up every 20 minutes for a solid 4-5 hours straight. That was a very long night...but I am just so glad it passed quickly. The next morning he was back to his chipper self, and I was quite thankful. That is one illness I'd rather not deal with.

So, I think its safe to say that the majority of my week consisted of cleaning out poopy underwear, getting peed on, and holding the puke bucket. Good week, huh? My theory? Let's just get all over with at once. Moms are freakin' rock stars.

Something good that has happened this week....

I finally got clearance from my doctor to get back to my normal work out routine at the gym. (Insert Halleluiah chorus here) I was SO sick of only being able to walk and ride the stationary bike.  3 weeks of that is enough to drive you crazy....and bore you completely out of your mind. There isn't enough good songs on my Pandora radio to make up for how bored I was. SO, I did spinning twice this week and lifted weights. Results? I've lost 2 pounds in 2 days. Yes, I have some baby weight to lose. You don't understand how much I hate saying that...for so many reasons. I have about 4-5 pounds left. So, for the next several weeks it's back to my nutrition shakes for lunch, and vigorous work outs. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Something that has helped keep me motivated are these new kicks I just got. My Nike's from last summer have really seen their day.

 
 
Another fun thing that has been in the works is Ethan's new big boy room. His furniture arrives next Thursday and we have been working hard to get everything together and ready. If you couldn't guess, the theme of his room is construction. I was absolutely thrilled that a quilt set on the Pottery Barn Kids website I had been eyeing went on clearance. I LOVE Pottery Barn, but unless its on sale, I'm not buying it. That place is ridiculously overpriced. I also found these shelves that I fell in love with in their catalog. They hang on the wall. Evan saved us the extra $$ and made them. They are an exact match, and I love them. The only thing left to do is paint them navy blue.
 
 
He made me two of these that I am going to hang side by side on the wall above his dresser. They are for books. I promise to do a blog post when his room is complete. I cannot wait to see the finished product.
 
 
Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all enjoy your weekend, and the beautiful weather we are supposed to have! 


No comments:

Post a Comment