Saturday, March 19, 2016

Nathan James- Birth Story

Last Thursday, March 10th at 8:17am, we welcomed Nathan James to the world. Weighing in at a  whopping 7lb 14oz, and 21.5 inches long- he was a perfect bundle of perfection.

Most of you know that I had a planned C- section (with my favorite doctor) since my delivery with Ethan was very scary, and quite traumatic. I was really nervous about the surgery itself, since I remembered my last C-section being awful...throwing up, major drops in blood pressure, a lot of discomfort, and then of course the major blood hemorrhage. Overall, Ethan's birth experience was terrible, even though I still loved him just the same.

This C- section was totally different. The surgery went perfectly. I never felt nauseated, never threw up, didn't have any drops in blood pressure, and was able to actually enjoy the birth of my child. I will never forget the sound of Nathan crying when she pulled him out. I cannot explain to you how I felt during that moment. It was the most beautiful sound I think I've ever heard. I did not get to hear that with Ethan either, so it was a real treat. Then, they brought him around to show me my sweet baby. I could not believe how big he was, and how long! They took him back to a little room where they weighed him, and cleaned him up. When they came back in to the OR, they laid him on my chest for a few snuggles before they made their way to recovery.






Since my surgery was the first of the day, recovery was nice and quiet, with lots of attention. Nathan and I enjoyed skin to skin time (which was my favorite part) while they monitored me for a while.


Once we were in a room, things seemed to be smooth sailing from there. I could not wait for Ethan to come that afternoon to meet his brother. Once he got there, he was so excited, and did really well. I was really proud of him!






We settled into a routine quickly with feedings, and cuddles. I was up walking around the next day as much as I could tolerate. By day 2 and 3, I was walking around much more. I have healed much faster with this delivery, and feel like I had less pain overall.




Nathan has brought me so much joy. He is such a good baby, so sweet, and so laid back. We have bonded so well, and my heart just overflows with happiness.

I am so thankful for a healthy baby- I don't think I can thank God enough for this blessing he has given me. I could not have asked for a more smooth and perfect delivery, recovery, and transition.

Welcome to the world sweet boy.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to read about this wonderful experience! And I love that Evan put a hair cover thingie over his hat. :)

    ReplyDelete